Personal Insurance
Personal Insurance
by sch43yt9824huilb

Personal Insurance for Your Home, Vehicles, and Personal Possessions


The homeowner’s insurance policy provides more than just coverage for your home and personal property. It also provides you with liability protection for you and your family against bodily injury and property damage of others for which you are responsible.

Here is a list of endorsements that can be added to the homeowner’s policy to broaden your coverage:

  • Guaranteed Replacement Cost on Dwelling
  • Guaranteed Replacement Cost on Contents
  • Ordinance & Law
  • Water & Sewer Backup
  • Identity Theft
  • Personal Injury


If you think insurance for your condominium is covered by your association fees, think again. Typically, your monthly condo fees are used to fund a building insurance policy. To protect your belongings and yourself, you need to purchase a personal home insurance policy (type HO-6), which is designed for condos and co-op apartments.

  • Loss Assessment Coverage: Protects you should your condominium association settle a legal judgment and ask you to pay your share.
  • Improvements: Whether built-in or freestanding – appliances, windows treatments, cabinetry, etc. – the improvements you’ve made to your condo are covered.
  • Guaranteed Replacement Cost on Contents
  • Identity Theft
  • Personal Injury


Renters need insurance too.

Fire, storm, burglary – any one of these unfortunate facts of life could rob you of all you own with little or no warning. Your landlord’s insurance probably won’t help. It usually covers only his or her property, not yours. Protect yourself with a Renters Policy.

Protecting your possessions is only part of our solution. Our Renters Policy also covers personal liability. If you, family members living with you or even a pet cause personal injury or property damage, you’re covered, as well.

  • Guaranteed Replacement Cost on Contents
  • Personal Liability Coverage
  • Additional living costs, if fire or other damage forces you from your home

Valuable Articles and Collectibles

Are your valuables worth more than $1,000? Chances are, your homeowners policy isn’t nearly enough to replace your valuables if they are ever lost, stolen or damaged.

Valuable Articles Coverage helps you protect your financial investment in your most valued possessions such as:

  • Jewelry
  • Collectibles
  • China
  • Crystal
  • Silver
  • Artworks
  • Furs
  • Antiques
  • Wine Collections
  • Sports Memorabilia

Personal Excess (Umbrella)

The thing about life is you never know what may happen. If anything catastrophic does happen and you’re found to be legally liable, you’ll want to make sure you and your family are covered.

A Personal Excess (Umbrella) policy can provide you with $1,000,000 or more in additional liability coverage. Here are some of the highlights of a Personal Excess (Umbrella) policy:

  • Extra protection over and above basic liability coverage
  • Worldwide protection
  • Personal injury (libel, slander, etc.) coverage included


When your home is flooded, it can lead to financial ruin if you don’t have the proper insurance. Note this: A basic homeowners policy won’t cover your flood damage to your home or personal property. You need flood insurance.

Flood insurance provides coverage to your home and personal property against loss caused by flood. The maximum coverage amounts are $250,000 for a home and $100,000 for its contents. Excess Flood is available over and above these limits.


Automobile insurance covers you and members of your household while driving an insured car or any other vehicle not furnished for your regular use. It even covers other people when they are driving your insured car with your permission. Here are some of the policy features:

  • Liability Protection
  • Medical Coverage
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage
  • Collision Coverage
  • Comprehensive Coverage
  • Towing and Labor
  • Rental Reimbursement


The Motorcycle Policy provides important standard and optional coverages that are designed specifically for motorcycles including touring bikes, sport bikes, cruisers, trike conversions, as well as custom and classic cycles – features that often are not available in a conventional automobile policy. Here are some of the coverages that are included:

  • Collision Coverage
  • Other than Collision Coverage
  • Liability Coverage
  • Medical Payments Coverage

Mobile Homes


Specialty Insurance

Schechner Lifson Corporation